Monday, May 07, 2007

San Francisco, 1980's

While going through some old negatives at my dad's house, I came across these negatives I took when I travelled to the USA for the first time. I was working at Philips TDSN in Apeldoorn in the 1980's, we bought an LU6.2 package from Orion in Berkeley, California and since I was in charge of the DIA and SNADS port, I had to go to San Francisco for their yearly user group meeting. The meeting was held in the St. Francis Hotel at Union Square which, in 1906, was gutted in the fire that took place after the earthquake of April 18.
After the meeting, I had taken some holidays and together with a colleague from Sweden, I toured California and Las Vegas in Nevada. Very little of these photos have survived, they must have been thrown out during one of my moves, however, somehow, miraculously, these black and white negatives had survived.





















Camera: Pentax ME, lenses: Pentax 28mm f2.8, 50mm, f1.8