Monday, June 16, 2008

There Will Come Soft Rains

Field-flowers

I'll be slowly phasing out the daily photo in this blog as I have moved over to Aminus3.com which really is the best free photo blog environment around. I would therefore invite you to update your bookmarks and follow me there: http://hoshisato.aminus3.com/.
I'll continue to use this blog for travel, technical subjects and miscellaneous.

The title of my photoblog comes from the poem by Sara Teasdale which was used in a fabulous short-story by Ray Bradbury.

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pool singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white;

Robins will wear their feathery fire,
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself when she woke at dawn
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

©1920, Sara Teasdale.

Camera: Pentax *ist DS, lens: Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO