Sunday, June 17, 2007

Deutsches Bundesbahn trains

The last of the negatives I recovered from my parents house are from a trip I took with friends who were rather obsessed with trains. René was more into timetables, but the announcement of the train show in Emmerich, just over the German border close to Arnhem was too tempting, and I was asked along to document the trains. As far as I can make out, it must have been in the late 70s while we were still at the VWO in Zutphen.

 

 

 

I remember being impressed with the powerful Class 103.1 locomotives and unsurprisingly they were very popular among the model trains from Märklin at the time. My friends were not really impressed with my photos, I don't remember what was wrong with them, but clearly they didn't resemble the photos published in the magazines they collected. :-)